Pasin FMU undertakes Sustainable Forest Management according to the criteria and indicators as set in the Malaysian Timber Certification Scheme (MTCS). The scheme has been endorsed internationally by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
The FMUs are managed with the objective to provide integrated benefits by keeping a balance between the 3 main pillars:
- Economic – optimizing operational efficiency and the sustainable production and management of timber resources;
- Ecological –regulation of harvest to maintain the integrity of the forest ecosystem and strengthen its self-renewal capacity;
- Socio-cultural – consultations among relevant stakeholders involved in or affected by forest operations, ensuring that their needs and interests are addressed and balanced.
To ensure the objectives area achieved, FMU has establish policies as statement of intent, and is implemented as a procedure.
- Sustainable Forest Management Policy
- Occupational Safety and Health Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Social Policy
updated on 27 Oct 2021